Tuesday, March 1, 2016

SNAIL VINYLS - A WINNER!

I was pleasantly surprised when I got a text from Tyler on Friday afternoon, letting me know that they were on their way home for the weekend. I didn't figure I was going to see her until the middle of March, and for that trip she is coming without the hubby or Griffin. This trip the whole family came, including my darling Zero.

It had already been pre-planned that two of my "extra" daughters were coming over to visit me on Friday after supper. Erica brought sweet little Evie, who is 2, and Jackie brought me Ayden, who is going to be 3 in a few months. I love when they come over. Erica calls me "me-mums", and the last time they visited, Evie was saying "me-grand-mums". This time as soon as she came in Erica asked her who I was, and she just said "Gramma Di". Being an honorary mom and grandma is one of my most favorite things of all time. I love those girls enough and those babies enough for them to seriously be blood relatives. The timing was perfection for them to be there because they stayed long enough to spend time with Tyler and Griffin. It was a big, noisy madhouse, and it.was.awesome.

Griffin was adorable, as always, and Zero is still my baby boy.
Honestly, is there anything more adorable than a boy and his dog?? At 5 1/2 years old, just about the only way to get a nice pic of Griffin is to have Zero in a shot with him. The rest of the time he just wants to make funny faces at me.

Because of all the company, I didn't get to nails until Sunday night. A couple of weeks ago, Aveline, the owner of Snail Vinyls contacted me on Pinterest, asking if I'd be interested in some samples.

I've seen lots of manicures where people have used them and thought they looked awesome, and since I have an IQ higher than 12, I told her I absolutely would love to try them. She told me to pick out a "couple" that I'd like, which I did, and a week later I got an envelope with a whole bunch of cool stuff.

They've been sitting on my table just waiting to be used, and finally on Sunday night I had some time to play.
Defy & Inspire Laguna Beach, China Glaze Queen B, Snail Vinyls Moroccan Nail Stencils
My light purple base on this one is a polish that Target is selling now called Defy & Inspire. I had seen it when we were in Illinois visiting Tyler, and I wanted to buy all of them. In the end, I didn't buy any at all because I had already purchased so many bottles at the other stores we went to that I would have felt guilty spending $7.50 a bottle for polish I don't really need.

When Tyler got home on Friday she surprised me with two bottles of it. This is Defy & Inspire Laguna Beach. I love it. The formula is good, and of course I love any kind of purple. Of course, this only makes me want the rest of them even more.

After I topcoated, I decided on the Snail Vinyls Moroccan Nail stencil for my design. I won't lie; it took me a bit to get the hang of using the stencils. There may have been some swearing going on while doing my first two. I did get the hang of it, though, and the other eight went on without any troubles at all.

Once I had my stencil placed, I sponged  China Glaze Queen B over it and then immediately pulled the stencil off, leaving the design you see here. I did topcoat one more time, and that was that.

I'm still wearing this now and still liking it. I'm probably going to wear it for at least another day, but that depends on how motivated I feel tonight.

So yeah....I'm probably going to wear it for at least another day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment