Wednesday, November 11, 2015

RADIAL GRADIENT

I'm pouting today. 

I've been itching to replace my couch. We had looked in the stores a few months back but didn't get very excited by anything. It also pains me to get rid of the couch I have. It's 13 years old, and structurally it's like brand new. Kev and I both use recliners so the only daily use the couch gets is from the dogs. Unfortunately, the fabric was not a good choice, and it has not stood up very well at all.

I decided to check into getting it recovered. I sent some pics off to the guy that does recovering, and he called me today with the estimate. He told me that with fabric, it would run me about $2,500. Basically that is about double what I thought it would be. It's also more than twice what I paid for it brand new, and there is no way I'm paying that. So now I have to start looking again, hoping to find something I like.

I took a break from knitting last night and spent some time actually playing with my nails. 

I've been seeing a ton of radial gradients lately. I guess it's the new "cool" thing to do. I figured I may as well jump on the bandwagon and try one myself.

It was very easy to do, but it actually took me longer than the water marble. The only part that took some time was getting the coverage I wanted of the two colors.
Celestial HHC Poipu Sunset and Hokulani, radial gradient, Mundo de Unas Black, Uber Chic UC 3-01 stamp
First off, let me just say that these two Celestial Cosmetics polishes I bought through a special group are completely gorgeous. I realize it might be hard to tell, but they are full of holo greatness.

The pink in the center is Poipu Sunset, and the purple surrounding it is Hokulani. I then used my Mundo de Unas black stamping polish and the rose from my new Uber Chic 3-01 plate.

I'm loving this one, and I probably won't bother to take it off until the weekend. The only issue I have is that the rose that looks so much like a rose on the stamping plate doesn't really translate to looking much like a rose on my nails.

And I'm really nitpicking by calling that out as an issue. If someone sees this and doesn't know it's a flower, I simply do not care.

3 comments: