Thursday, July 3, 2014

MORNING CRABBY-PANTS

So much for my great week. 

I was so excited that Tyler was coming home for the weekend, and now that's not happening. She hurt her back somehow and won't be going anywhere. She has no clue how she did it, but I won't even try to describe it because it's just so messed up. The doc asked if she'd been in a car accident and told her the last time he saw someone with a back like that, they came into his office in a wheelchair. So yeah, riding in a car for 6 hours is for sure not the thing to be doing.

I feel horrible for her. She is not a kid that likes to be laying around doing nothing. She also isn't a wuss so I know if she says she's hurting, she is really hurting. So I'm saddy-pants over that today. I'm not sure yet if Bob will still come with Griffin, which would still be awesome, but I need me some Tyler-time. :(

Today is the day I finally get my new bathroom vanity. This should have made a very happy start to my morning. I got up and got ready for work for the last time in Tyler's bathroom.  They were supposed to be there at 8 a.m. so I could meet with them before leaving for work at 8:35.

Well, gee! Guess who didn't show up? They still weren't there when I left at 8:40. Tried calling the shop, but of course they aren't open that early. So I left a fairly snarky note on the door for them when I left. If I get home at noon and find something wrong, there's going to be some serious hell to pay. I'm SO over dealing with the companies in this town.  Or maybe I should just get a job with one of them so I can also get paid for showing up whenever I damn well feel like it, if I show up at all. 

I'm also getting pretty pissed about the fact that the ceiling guy isn't coming over to do the ceilings. I'm kind of wondering if he's planning to do it in this lifetime. I really need my carpets cleaned but don't want to do it before that job is done. We've been waiting months for that now, too. I may have Kev get some other quotes, but this guy gave us such a good price, I may be held hostage by that.

I haven't done a 4th of July mani yet. Actually, I don't even know if I will. I'm just not feeling very festive at the moment. I'm still wearing the pastel/black marble at the moment, but this is one I did last week. 
Sally Hansen Color Foil Leaden Lilac, China Glaze Queen B, LeaLac B stamp
I love this color blue so much! It's Sally Hansen Lustre Shine Scarab. I tried a couple of different things for stamping, none of which were doing what I wanted them to do. After doing the stamping with the Sally Hansen Satin Glam Teal Tulle, I just left it. It did show up better in person than I could catch in pictures. The stamp is from my LeaLac C plate.

I hope you all have something fun planned for the holiday weekend. For me, it's just a cookout at my sister's, which is an annual thing.

Today I'm going home at noon, and the afternoon will be spent in the pool. I cleaned the house last night in preparation for the company that I am not going to get, so now I'm just going to be lazy. 

Tonight I will put my bathroom back together. Hopefully next week the plumber can come to install the new tub, and then that bathroom will be finished. 

Crap. Except for the ceiling. *sigh*


2 comments:

  1. I live in a similar world of people turn up when they feel like it, it's insanely annoying! I love this colour and the subtle stamp, I have CG Deviantly Daring and it looks like a good dupe for this so may have to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It appears that a lot of people can relate. It boggles my mind that people just don't feel the need to do their jobs promptly and well. Whatever. They are jerks. lol

      Delete