Monday, July 28, 2014

MIXED EMOTIONS KIND OF DAY

What a week last week was. Between the new pups, Tyler in town all week and Griff's birthday on Saturday, it was a lot busier than it usually is in my household. Tyler is heading back to Illinois today and Kev goes back to work tomorrow. It's going to be weird being alone.

I'd say it's going to be "quiet", but that just isn't the case with the 7 puppies. Lordie, they can make some racket! I'm anxious for their eyes to open so when they wander off they can find their way back to Tinlee. If it weren't for the fact that we are constantly rescuing them, I wouldn't feel the need to stay in the living room 24/7.  I'm a complete basket case thinking about having to leave them for work tomorrow. It'll help knowing I can watch them from the puppy cam, and I know they'll be fine because they are big enough to not get smothered by mom, but still....

I can't believe they are already a week old. I don't know if I like that. I have a feeling that 8 weeks is going to go by wayyyy to quickly, and I'll have to send them home with other people. I won't like it. At all. The owner of Tinlee's brother already has her plane ticket booked to come up on September 25th to pick up her girl. We've become great friends since I got Tinlee and she got Taylor, so it's going to be awesome meeting her in real life and having her at my house for a day. Plus it's a wonderful feeling knowing that the pup is going somewhere that I know she will be loved and spoiled rotten.

Sadly, amidst all of the good, fun stuff that's happening, I was saddened to learn of one old friend passing away yesterday after a battle with cancer. I also learned of another good friend from way back when that passed this morning.  They were both completely wonderful people, and it breaks my heart that they have been taken way too soon from their families.  Sometimes life just isn't fair at all.

As for nails, geez! I've been having a hard time thinking of things to do! Evidently I am no longer capable of doing a successful water marble, which is really pissing me off. I think I've tried on three separate occasions where I've given up on it. Maybe I don't have the patience I used to have, but I do think I've been giving up quicker on those. I used to spend hours to get them done. Since I had finally gotten pretty proficient at doing them, it's annoying as hell to feel like I'm a newbie at it again.

Luckily I at least have that new DRK plate to play with.  
Julep Nan, DRK D stamp
This Julep Nan is an odd color. I don't know if it's red or a weird shade of orange. It kind of caught my attention amidst my reds because it doesn't quite fit in as red, but it also doesn't seem to fit in the orange drawers. What a dilemma!! 

Whatever it is, I used it along with the DRK D stamp and some black to do this little number. Didn't love it; didn't hate it. There just isn't anything special about it.

That's sort of how I've been feeling about every mani I've been doing. I guess I'm in a summer slump or something. 

Even if I snap out of the slump, those cute little golden colored bundles will be taking up my time....instead of golden colored nail polish.

2 comments:

  1. A V Ladybug like mani! I've been sneaking peeks at the pups, they're so cute! Mummy's very vigilant and always snuffling at them! They're ginormous already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are growing like crazy. It seems like they eat non-stop!

      Delete