Tuesday, July 30, 2013

TAKE HEED!!! PRICELESS WORDS OF WISDOM FROM THE QUEEN!

It's 11:45. I'm super tired and told myself that I would go to bed early. But am I going to go right this second? Nope! I'm going to write a blog post just for you!  How selfless of me, right??

The shitty part of me writing a blog post so late means I just finished a mani so late.  Usually what I do is after I finish a mani, I'll quick do the watermark and upload it to blogger and save it. Then when I'm pretending to work at the office, I can write my blog post.  

The difference this time is the lesson I learned. Sometimes I'm a bit slow to catch on, and something tells me I will re-learn this lesson many more times.

So what did I learn, you ask? 

I learned why it's bad to start a manicure past 10 p.m. Because what you see below is what happens:
Orly Lemonade, Loreal Precious Coral, Ninja Polish DRK-C stamp plate
You get a "supposedly" brilliant idea.  And like an idiot, you actually "do" this supposedly "brilliant" mani.  But is what you end up with either a good idea or a brilliant mani? 

NO. A loud, resounding NO! You get this oh-so-hideous yellow and orange nightmare.  And to make matters even worse, you started it so damn late, you're now stuck with it for an entire day!

Oh, yikers.  This is just not a good look. I should send a written apology to Orly and Loreal for this one. Orly is the yellow base, Lemonade; and the orange is Loreal's Precious Coral. I do like the actual stamp, though. It's not the stamping plate's fault that I chose awful colors. It's my DRK-C stamp plate.

So there. That's a lesson I wish I would actually take to heart, but I know I'll make the same mistake again. Hell, probs sometime within the next week.

In the meantime, I've decided to take on another job. 

You'll find me out directing traffic - this mani should work really well for that.

5 comments:

  1. What a cool looking manicure! Love the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl what are you talking about !!! This mani is actually GORGEOUS!!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was about to echo Judy above! Yeah it'll stop traffic but also admiring pedestrians!

    ReplyDelete