Monday, July 22, 2013

I'M GONNA' MAKE OUT WITH THIS

How does it go from 90+ degrees to barely 60 so fast around here? I'm surprised the heat didn't actually kick on last night because it was only 40-some degrees out. Today I'm wearing a sweatshirt and socks. I don't like it.  Next weekend better be nice because we have an outdoor wedding to attend on Saturday, and Griffin's 3rd birthday party is on Sunday and is also outdoors.

Sleeping this weekend has been terrible. I can't even begin to tell you how bizarre my dreams were, but suffice it to say they were so bad I actually had to get out of bed to snap myself out of them. I don't remember having such horrible dreams when I was younger, but the last year or two it has really become an issue. I'd love to know where my brain comes up with some of this stuff. Creepy and scary.

Yesterday I took the foils off and decided I really wanted to do a gradient. They've been one of my fave things, but I've really struggled with doing them to my satisfaction. I asked for some advice from some fellow nail buddies and got some tips.  After a couple of failed attempts on a couple of nails, all of a sudden it just "worked".  Same thing happened with water marbling for me. It's weird, but I really hope this means it will always work for me from now on.

After doing the successful gradient, I pondered what to do next; leave it? Stamp it? Oh, snap....marble it!!  I didn't know if it would turn out how I wanted, but I knew I had lots of time to mess with it. Here's what I ended up with.
American Apparel Cotton, China Glaze Something Sweet, Square Hue Wartime Romance, Julep Joy gradient water marble
Oh Em Gee....I am in love with this mani. Seriously, I think it's one of my all-time favorites.  It was fairly time consuming until I mastered doing the gradient, but I will be happy to wear this for a couple of days.

My base color for this one is American Apparel Cotton. Then I used that along with China Glaze Something Sweet and Julep Joy to do my gradient. I wish I had taken a picture before I marbled, but I just thought of that right this second while typing this. Sometimes my brain stalls. (obviously)

For marbling I grabbed a bottle of Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure clear and Square Hue Wartime Romance. I wasn't really sure how using a clear to marble with would work, but it was kinda' cool to do.

 So that's my latest attempt at doing something new. It's def something I look forward to doing again.

Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks!


1 comment:

  1. A secret to keeping the decorative balls intact is
    to use a good, clear topcoat over the balls.
    Obviously no one can tell you what nail polish to wear but if you are
    keen on looking hot this summer try to take the nail polish trends for summer 2012 into consideration.
    However, during the fall and winter months, you will usually see deeper, more earthy tones,
    like: forest green, Bordeaux wine, and the ever classic:
    black.

    Here is my site :: nail supplies cheap

    ReplyDelete