Friday, July 12, 2013

EVERYTHING'S COMIN' UP ROSES (too bad they're dead)

The other day was a really, really good mail day. I got my monthly  Square Hue box which is always fun. So far I've loved every polish I've gotten from them. Happy me.

Also, I got a pretty big box from a contest that I won on Instagram. I knew from the picture when I entered that it was a pretty large amount of stuff, but holy bejeebus....it's a major damn haul!  I got 22 bottles of polish, glitter, hand cream and a wheel of little adornments to attach to nails. Nice, hey? I swear there was more stuff in that box than there was in the picture, but I ain't complaining!

So I had to spend some time swatching all of these goodies last night as well as the 8 Color Clubs and 3 Sinful Colors I bought on Tuesday.  I hate having to do swatching when I get a lot. It's much easier when it's just a few new things at a time.

By the time I finished up with that it was too late to get too involved with my actual nails, so I did the usual quickie, a stamp.  And I'll tell you right off the top, I don't like it.
I just reached over and grabbed one of my new Sinfuls, Out of Bounds, and used that as my main color. Unfortunately I did have to get off my lazy ass and pick a stamping color and a stamp. I went with American Apparel Berry and my Llarowe LeaLaC stamp A for the rose design.

Like I said, I really don't like it. At all. But it was good enough for my half day of work. I'm not even sure what it is I don't like about it, but I'll be glad when it's gone.

While I was laying in the pool today I spent an awful lot of time watching a bunch of wasps around the tall shrub by the garage. I have a feeling there must be a nest of something in there. Not cool. It's hard to take a snappy-nap on my floatie when I'm paranoid about getting stung. As it was I got bit/stung by something on my ankle today while I was out there. I finally decided after an hour and a half that I wasn't having any fun so I came inside.  I haven't decided if I'm going to try to deal with that issue on my own this evening or not. 

Now I'm off to stalk the ants that are appearing in my kitchen. I'm so annoyed!! We haven't had any ant problems for quite a few years; don't know why I am now. It makes me feel like I'm living in filth even though everything is clean. Disgusting little bastards.

These bugs are sucking the joy out of my day. Jerks.

4 comments:

  1. Ants, wasps, have you seen the squiggly snakes this year? Oh, I don't like that mani either... hmmmmm ... I don't think I've ever said that to you before.... sowwy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol...you are more than welcome to hate anything I do without being sorry about it. Goof.
      As for the snakes....I haven't seen any by the pool, but when I got home at 11 Sunday night there was a small one at the entrance of the garage.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Lordie, I'm hoping not! I don't want a repeat of last summer. lmao

      Delete